[Loadstone] Connecting to Google Maps

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Fri Feb 15 12:18:55 GMT 2008

I have two reservations about connecting Loadstone to anything requiring a data connection.  First, one of the beauties of Loadstone is that it does not require a data connection to use in my opinion.  This makes it useful in areas where programs like Wayfinder Access can't be used.  I use Loadstone in such areas frequently.  Most cell phones on which Loadstone runs are smaller, lighter, and less expensive than other GPS programs that do not require a data connection.

Second, Loadstone is free to use.  A data plan connection might price it out of reach for some potential users who otherwise might be able to afford it.  If Loadstone changes such that an active data connection can be used, I suggest that this feature be optional.

Mike Hanson