[Loadstone] Connecting loadstone to google maps

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 07:05:18 GMT 2008

Hi

  I would vote for easy  use of point share exchange via packet data.

  There could be such features as submitting public location data to the
server, retrieving data by given radius and a feature to purge downloaded
data but not user own points from the phone's database. On the most
simplistic scenario there could be only two functions: one to export
recently modifiend user own points  to the server and another to fetch
pointshare data within predefined radius. These could also be automated to
be performed if user is about to leave previously downloaded area.

  With this type of implementation there is no need to  rewrite half of the
application and sharing of the points become much easier. Currently using
3rd party file browser just to import location data is out of question
for Joe Average.

  There will also be no extreme mount of packet data traffic and LS will
stay operational even  without gprs coverage.

mr. M01510