[Loadstone] Connecting loadstone to google maps

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:18:48 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Has any one tried to connect loadstone to google maps or yahoo maps?
This would be a good way of duplicating systems like way finder
access. One would be dependent on google and or yahoo to update their
maps but then that is a constraint with any other provider. It would
also save us from adding so many points of interest.

One problem I see is that the google maps API is in java script. One
would need to use something like a web browser to access the map data.
However, with today's phones that is probably not a significant
constraint.
My c++ and java script are really rusty but I would be happy to help
test and document such an adition to loadstone. I have a Nokia E51
phone and a Holux m-1000 gps receiver.

Pranav