[Loadstone] Help! Witch data format for importing databases

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Thu Feb 7 07:43:55 GMT 2008

I wasn't able to produce correct german umlauts with windows notepad - no
matter if I saved the file in ansi or utf8. The Umlauts were always wrong in
Loadstone. I found a nice programmers' editor called "PSPad" doing very
well. You can get it at www.pspad.com. PSPad is good for editing existing
databases. Alternatively you can open and edit your db text files in
wordpad. But do not save them in utf8. Save them in ansi instead. Then use
an external tool to get a correct utf8 file. I wrote a perl script doing
that for me.

Hasan