[Loadstone] Query on POI and speaking of street names

Kennydog hurrikenny at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Dec 28 06:09:29 GMT 2008

Hi,
I have downloaded Loadstone onto my Nokia phone (which has the Talks
software), and have read the manuals on getting started etc. I have
bookmarked quite a few places in my local area (and named them etc),
and down the track will upload them for other users who visit this area.
My question is - do people bookmark shops, streets, service stations
etc, and then the street names are read out aloud as I walk? Or where in
the settings do I look to get it to read out street names as I cross
them?? Does it do it automatically or do I need to press my navigation
key etc? I can get it to say how many metres I am from a shop, but had
also heard that it can read street names as you come across them? I have
also read that using Loadstone you can convert a csv file to a Loadstone
file. Does anyone know if there are New Zealand points of interests
already saved on any websites that I can then convert to the Loadstone
format? (I am guessing that not much of NZ is databased in terms of free
to share points of interest)?! I am quite happy to keep bookmarking both
here and other towns I visit, so we get more POI's on this site. I am
looking forward to any help or ideas that any other members can offer.
Thanks heaps
Gene