[Loadstone] i-Blue 737A+ BT GPS Receiver (66 channels, AGPS, Auto On/Off, WAAS)

Gianfranco Giudice g.giudice at balcab.ch
Fri Dec 26 23:17:58 GMT 2008

Hi

This is what I said 2 weeks ago.

Gian

-----Original Message-----
From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
[mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Chao
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:02 AM
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com; blindphones at mosenexplosion.com
Subject: [Loadstone] i-Blue 737A+ BT GPS Receiver (66 channels, AGPS,Auto
On/Off, WAAS)

For the  last week or so, I have been using the I-Blue 737A+. I must say
that this receiver is very impressive. I upgraded from the Holux M-1000,
which is an excellent receiver as  well. The specifications for the I-Blue
737A+ is as follows:

 iBlue 737A+ is equipped with a 66-channel MTK chipset, it provides
ultra-high sensitivity -165dBm tracking and -148dBm signal acquisition. By
integrating a smart power-saving option with fuzzy auto on/off, the iBlue
737A+ is also the most power-efficient receiver available. Highly sensitive
and super-efficient, this device enjoys wide consumer appeal.

Features
•Semi indoor fixed
•AGPS available
•66 channels Bluetooth GPS
•Smart Power Save Mechanism
•Fuzzy Auto On/Off
•Longer battery life of up to 32 hrs per full char
•3 hrs charge time

Here are the ways in which this  receiver out performs the M-1000.

I flew from California to Louisiana  and did not turn on the GPS receiver
until I got to Louisiana. I turndon the 737A+ inside a one-story house and
was able to get a position fix within 30 seconds, where it took the M-1000
over a minute. I then did aside-by-side test of GPS Drift and Multi-Path.
Over the course of a few minutes, there was  no drift or multi-path to be
reported from the 737A+, where the M-1000 had a change in position of around
50  feet and a change in heading of +/- 90 degrees. I then markda User POI
and the entire time the POI staydwithin 30 feet, where the M-1000 had the
POI staying within 50 feet.
Note: All of these test were done within a one-story house, where multi-path
and drift is more of an issue.

i have also seen 12 and13 satellites on more than one occasion using the
737A+ and an accuracy of 7 feet, where I have seen the M-1000 have  an
accuracy of 9 feet and 12 and 13 satellites just once or twice.

So, I would recommend this receiver to anyone who is looking at a new
receiver as not only are the  specifications are great, but the real-life
testing backs  up the specifications.

The I-Blue 737A+ is going for aroundUSD50 from:
http://www.BuyGPSNow.com/

I would recommend this site to anyone as the site is very accessible, easy
to manageandI got the receiver within two days of ordering it.

Thanks,

Kevin