[Loadstone] Map data importing

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Dec 20 19:49:09 GMT 2008

Well, I will not try to give a course in digital data storage, suffice to
say that basically we cannot extract usable data from an image file. As
stated in Chapter 1 of the Getting Started manual we need readable data
containing a name and the coordinates. What Richard's program and/or the
POI converter can do is organize this data into the format LS uses. So if
you can open the file in a text editor and are able to see names and
numbers there's a chance it works.

Rob