[Loadstone] New user - Advice please

Martin Dudley dudleym at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 11 12:48:33 GMT 2008

Hi folks

Having installed loadstone on my phone etc. I am having difficulty in
getting it to do what I want. I'm either not doing it right or it won't do
what I want. I have read the getting started instructions but want to go
further. I have downloaded a street map poi of my area via one of the links
on the web site, can't remember just now the steps I took but I followed
links from the loadstone site or one of its tools and converted it to an ls
database, I installed it to my phone as the default database and can
navigate via the numerical keys on the phone etc to see what is arround. My
problem is I can't get ls to talk to me when on the move. I've tried
placing ls in navigation mode and exploration mode, I've checked "announce
all" via the menu's with no joy. I want to use ls to allow me to know what
is arround me when I am on the move and not to just have it announce a
route from A to B because I may not have a particular destination in mind
if I am in another town or area of my town which I don't know very well.
Can I get ls to do this and if so how. Are there any more advanced
instructions in addition to the one on the ls web site?

Thanks in advance
Martin