[Loadstone] Direction change

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Tue Dec 2 08:12:59 GMT 2008

Hi

  It depends mainly on ryou receiver; LS only displays  the data it is
receiving unless you are  using the software heading.

  Some receivers such as Holux M-1000 are not very responsive for heading
changes in slow speeds. Those with static navigation enabled such as Nokia
LD-3W are totally useless until you walk quite fast.

   It takes few steps  and couple of seconds to get two reliable locations
for  the heading calculation.

  Another way is to implement a feature to quicly mark one location and
measure distance and direction from it. In this mode one has not walk very
fasto to get the heading but at least few meters should be moved anyway to
get some distance to the reference point.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS