[Loadstone] Isolate vs Lock Point

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Aug 19 21:15:52 BST 2008

Hi Eric,

Isolate Checkpoint basically limits your surroundings in Navigation mode
to the nearest checkpoint.  That is to say, when you press the joystick it
will tell you where you are relative to the nearest checkpoint no matter
what direction you are facing.

Lock point does much the same thing but it doesn't have to be locked
on to your nearest checkpoint and you can still use the joystick to
conduct normal intarigations while in Navigation mode.

Isolate Checkpoint has been in Loadstone for a long time and Lock
point is relatively recent.

Since we added Lock Point I haven't touched the Isolate Checkpoint
function.

You can indeed search the list archives.  Just follow the link referenced
at the end of every message posted to the list.

HTH

   Monty