[Loadstone] Another suggestion for route creation

Przemysław Rogalski Rogalski at o2.pl
Sun Aug 17 23:08:01 BST 2008

Waiting for the route planner in LS, I found out another small steps towards it:
1. There is already an option of checking an added point as a checkpoint.
What about making a hotkey (preferably sth with #), that would quickly save the current GPS position as a new point and checkpoint (meaning, as the next point of a route, numberred 1, 2, 3, etc.)?
This option would be important when the route planner in LS is ready. It could then be used for  adding points to a route manually.
OK, even now I can press #, then enter sth in"point name" field, scroll to "checkpoint - yes", and "privacy - private", and then choose "Save using current"..., but it's time-consuming, especially if I am in a new place, someone wants to quickly show me a route and I want to quickly save it.
2. If LS encounters new checkpoints while exiting, it could ask: "Save new checkpoints?" thus providing an option of saving a newly created route to a file.
Hope the idea is clear.
Anyway, it's great tha Loadstone is so popular, that it is constantly being developed, and that the LS team is open to new ideas and suggestions!
Przemyslaw