[Loadstone] Reply to Monty and Shaun,

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Sun Aug 17 16:56:12 BST 2008

Hi both,

The verbosity I refer to is the new calling of "arriving at" in addition
to "approaching..." of checkpoints. I also don't like the calling of
distance and direction because it is distracting from the name of the
point when I am on a bus. I fully accept that some or even all users
want these features, but all I ask is that they be optional with a
switch in the settings. I use ls with Talks and usually have my phone in
my breast pocket so the whole bus is listening. I don't like the Nokia
earphones.

It looked to me at first that there were optional settings in v7 but
nothing seems to change or stop the extra calling out of checkpoints.

Regards

Aedan.

  _____

It has removed 128 spam emails to date.