[Loadstone] OpenStreetMap converter

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Aug 12 22:47:34 BST 2008

I think the main problem with sharing data between loadstone and osm is the
different database formats. Since loadstone is doing all it's processing on
the phone we needed a format that was as small and fast as possible. I'll
have to look at the osm files, maybe they can be processed faster than the
current system but that'll require a database rewrite.
The best thing we could do at the moment would be to have the point share
somehow keep in sync with osm if we find that the data is useful for
loadstone. Unfortunately this means two projects with a lot of the same data
but I'm not sure how else we'd meet the requirements for loadstone.