[Loadstone] Need some help with creating poi's in loadstone.

Kevin Cussick the.big.white.shepherd at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:39:34 BST 2008

monty at loadstone-gps.com wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Is your GPS receiver successfuly communicating with Loadstone with a
> signal when you attempt to save?  The fact you can't press the
> Hash/NumberSign key suggests that you don't have a signal.  Another way to
> verify this is when you fill in your point information in the "enter
> point" form  and press SoftKey1 (for options) you should get:
>
> Save using current
> Save from commencement
>
> If you don't get these two choices then you may not be connected and you
> certainly don't have a signal.  This would mean your point of interest is
> being saved with out longitude/latitude coordinates and therefore would
> not show up potentially.
>
> Is this the case or am I barking up the wrong tree?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Monty
>

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Kevin Cussick wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm very new to loadstone but when I stand outside my house and make a
>> point of interest by pressing the hash key nothing happens I don't get a
>> screen up asking me what to call the point of interest.
>>
>> I then go to the option enter point I then call the point of interest
>> what ever then put it in when I try to fined the point of interest it
>> then says no points found.
>>
>> I have the data bace of the UK on the phone I got it from a mate who got
>> it from your website,  is the data bace to big?
>>
>> I hope someone can help all the best.

Hi,

I have had this maybe twice but some times it works and some times it
does not work My external gps isn't the best i don't think!!

I seem to have a good signal but then as I walk I seem to loose the
signal it seems to take quit a bit of walking around before the external
gps gets a good hold of the sats and keeps the signal.

I would say around 5 mins or maybe a bit more I will send the unit back
to maplin.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.