[Loadstone] Loadstone 0.70 and Navilock BT-338

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Thu Aug 7 16:04:27 BST 2008

Hi all,

I bought a Navilock BT-338 GPS Receiver with a SIRF III chipset a few
days ago.
Somehow i think that LS seems to show me wrong information sometimes.
I have a Nokia 5500 phone which also comes with a navigation software
and checked a few parameters which the GPS gave me.
LS seems to give me different info for example the hight over sea
level in meters.
I know we are around 430 meters above sea level over here.

The Nokia software shows me something around on 400 meters plus minus
20 meters.

And LS always jumps up and down from 360 up to 380 or 400 meters.

A few days i was on a place where they where around 250 meters above
sealevel and the nokia software guessed it right but LS somehow was
on 150 up to 170 meters.

Is there something wrong with LS or with the receiver?

Why does LS sometimes change so hard?

Maybe I also set something wrong.

I also had issues with the speed. I read the manual and i set the
static setting in the settings up to 2 but it still says that I am
moving with 4 kilometers per hour but I am not moving.

Sorry for the confusion I'll maybe cause :-).

Thank you.

Greetings,
Simon