[Loadstone] OpenStreetMap converter

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Wed Aug 6 15:20:25 BST 2008

    Rob,

That gives me 6A Meath Road, Bray which is on the same road all right but is
about as far away from me as bray Head is!

I opened the OSM link and pressed "Export". After waiting some few minutes
the screen changed and I was offered an option to download the file. I
selected the XML format as advised and saved the file to my PC. I then
opened the converter page and browsed to me location for the OSM file. This
converted in a few minutes and again I saved the Loadstone file. This gave
me 200 entries which are in recognisable places around me. I will load them
into the mobile and see how they come up in the Loadstone program.

The system works but it is not fully intuitive. The export took so long that
I thought I must have made a mistake. It does not "feel" right to have to
pull the file through the two pages to arrive at the Loadstone file.
however, the procedure is so simple that I think one could get used to it.
I wonder if a choice were given to select the production of a Loadstone
output file that could launch a wizard so that the options are always
visible as the work progresses. Would that be feasible?

Otherwise, well done!

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: cearbhall.omeadhra at colibri.ie