[Loadstone] OpenStreetMap converter

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Wed Aug 6 14:29:43 BST 2008

Rob,

I had a go looking for my own street address without any success. When I
noticed that you are using the Geonames maps I realised that there is a
headland near my house that is on the ie.txt Geonames map. I entered the
name "Bray Head" and the program announced a hit from the Geonames source.
This then generated a Loadstone data file that looks excellent.

My home address does not feature on the Geonames map so this tool is a bit
limited for Irish sites.

To check that, I typed in "Dublin, Ireland" into the initial form. This
yielded a number of features referring to Dublin that seemed to come from
another source, not Geonames. I assume they must have come from Google
earth. However, the resulting Loadstone file still did not give me any great
detail of Dublin since it only features isolated elements such as hotels,
civic buildings, etc.

Have you any advice on how to make it work in relation to streets in
Ireland?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: cearbhall.omeadhra at colibri.ie