[Loadstone] OpenStreetMap converter

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Aug 6 09:14:50 BST 2008

Hi all,

To examine the usefulness of the OpenStreetMap data I've made a small tool
to convert OSM data to the Loadstone format. I'd be interested in your
results as OSM data for various countries can differ quite significantly.
Here's what you do:

Go to
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/tools
and select the GeoCoder tool.
Extract position data by entering your address and click on the OSM link on
the result page.

Once on the OSM site click on 'export', on the next page select XML format
and download the resulting file (map.osm).

Converter' tool.
Import the file on your phone and let me know what happens.

Rob