[Loadstone] Progress/help

Jacob Kruger jacobk at cknet.co.za
Wed Apr 30 15:36:48 BST 2008


Ok, Cearbhall O'Meadhra called me using skype and we went through a bunch of
testing procedures to see if we could figure out what was happening when I
could not add points to the database.

We first tried checking out the memory on the phone and it seems to
fluctuate from around 4.2Mb free to 4.8Mb free depending on what we're
doing.

We cleaned out the messaging inbox/my folders area where I was holding the
downloaded sis modules to see if this might make a difference relating to
operating memory allocation etc. This cleared about 200k of phone memory.

We decided to upgrade from 0.68 to 0.69 to see if the new version had the
same problem.
by going into FExplorer we found that the available phone memory did not
change significantly before and after installing loadstone.

I uninstalled LoadStone .68 but didn't delete any folders. I then installed
v .69 and found that the new version of the program did work when adding
points.

We then checked the memory while LoadStone was running in the background.
When we opened loadstone without any data the memory still did not change.
Then we loaded a file containing over 650 entries and noticed that the
available memory dropped by 200k.

We are not sure if cleaning out the messaging folders helped but it looks as
though upgrading might have resolved the problem.

Again, we have no idea what the problem was. Perhaps there was a flaw in the
0.68 module from which I was installing the older version.

This morning the Loadstone 0.69 version  successfully inserted the points
(using test data) every time, so, I will try a bit more testing.

I will also  go have a look at geoNames.org again and see if I can find some
usable points for my location in South Africa.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
'...Fate had broken his body, but not his spirit...'



More information about the Loadstone mailing list