[Loadstone] Geonames Questions

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Apr 9 01:01:41 BST 2008

Are you sure the data isn't already in the point share exchange? The US is
pretty well represented and the data is pretty accurate. If the dashes are
missing from the coordinates then the point will end up in the wrong
hemisphere. This would either be inaccurate data from geonames or something
wrong with the converter. People have reported an accuracy of 1 kilometer
with geonames so it might not be that useful anyway.