[Loadstone] Checking all points

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Apr 5 23:03:39 BST 2008

The short answer to your question is there's no way to do this. Checkpoints
are loaded in to memory so there's a limit as to how many can be loaded at
any given time. Querying the database every second is pretty much out of the
question since on a large database this would make the program unusable. You
could try creating a large checkpoint file but I'm not sure what'll happen,
things may slow down or it may work depending on the number of points. The
more points you check the more calculations the program will need to do so
this may slow things down and be hard on your phone's battery. In theory you
may be able to get 3000 or so checkpoints but in practice I'd say it would
be much less.