[Loadstone] Geo Names

Cearbhall O Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Thu Apr 3 00:02:14 BST 2008

Dear Shawn,

The Geonames site is available under a creative commons licence. I have
copied the summary of it here:

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License Deed
You are free:
to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work to Remix - to adapt the
work Under the following conditions:
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the
author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you
or your use of the work).

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the
copyright holder.
Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
Disclaimer
The Commons Deed is not a license. It is simply a handy reference for
understanding the Legal Code (the full license) - it is a human-readable
expression of some of its key terms. Think of it as the user-friendly
interface to the Legal Code beneath. This Deed itself has no legal value,
and its contents do not appear in the actual license.

Creative Commons is not a law firm and does not provide legal services.
Distributing of, displaying of, or linking to this Commons Deed does not
create an attorney-client relationship.
 Your fair dealing and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license).

Learn how to distribute your work using this license

The full url is:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

I accessed this from the www.geonames.org site.

All the best,