[Loadstone] heading display setting

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Apr 2 12:43:06 BST 2008

Hi Jacob,

Your description makes sense but I'm not quite sure why you would ever be
using Exploration mode while navigating (walking, driving in a car, or
bus/train).

Exploration mode is a virtual static map.  Just like a piece of paper.
Moving around in Exploration mode is the same as looking or feeling
different parts of the paper map.

Navigation mode is what one sees when they are looking out the front
window of the vehicle they're in  or whatever they see while moving.

So what I said isn't quite true.  You can use Exploration mode while
navigating but it shouldn't be used for real-time navigation.

Does this make sense?

Monty