[Loadstone] heading display setting

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Apr 2 11:01:36 BST 2008

The whole point is how you define clockface: absolute or relative.
If on my dinnerplate the potatoes are at 6 o'clock, the vegetables at 2
o'clock and the meat at 11 o'clock that's not using clockface as a relative
value. We've always been firm defenders of 'freedom of choice'. If the
option is not there you can't pick it. Considering what has been said
clockface is not totally out of place in this lists, but I do agree that a
point can be made to leave it out of heading announcement and exploration
mode if clockface in navigation is defined as relative.

Rob