[Loadstone] Editing of exported points

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Sat Sep 15 16:18:40 BST 2007

Hello Dana,

> points successfully on my computer. How can I edit these points (change
> the
> names for example)? In witch program must I open the file?

I use the PSPad editor www.pspad.com. Windows Notepad (Editor) does not work
here due to utf8 issues. I am not sure about wordpad.

> What do I do with the german special characters in the names of the
> points?
Nothing! You use them, or you delete them if you want to get rid of them. If
you need the umlauts just use them in usual manner.

> And another question: if I have some points in one database and some in
> another database, can I mix them together in a - for example - third
> database?

Normally you cannot do so at least in the exported text format. Each data
record needs an unique record number as identifier. When you use data you
have entered on your fone, this may work. When you use external data - like
my world map for example - this will not work because several data records
might have the same identifier.

Therefore I use an intermediate format name;lat;lon to create my databases.
When I am ready with manual editing, I convert this to loadstone's import
format. That magic identifier is created during this process. I made a hand
full perl code to do these things effectively.

If you did not understand this, don't worry. Hacking loadstone data needs
currently more or less programmers' knowledge and not simple users' level.

Maybe we can simplify these things one day.

Hasan