[Loadstone] Odd Results

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:25:17 BST 2007

Hi David,

Just thinking from my experience just standing still and watching the GPS
drift, you might not get very accurate results marking point 20 to 30 meters
from each other.

Just stand still sometime and watch your current point change distance, also
check the altitude and see the same thing.  There's just going to be that
inherent drift with the GPS receivers we use.

Out of curiosity I have heard that military grade GPS are more accurate.  I
also know someone who was a surveyor who said they used GPS to do surveying.
I know they couldn't do that with these GPS receivers, but could a better
grade GPS work with Loadstone or other GPS solution?  or is it worth the
money and how much more would they cost anyway.