[Loadstone] Suggestion for looking around in navigation mode

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Oct 31 13:59:29 GMT 2007

Hi Shawn,

Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at odyssey.cm.nu> wrote:

> Having a key change functions in general is a bad idea. [...]

I fully agree.

In your other mail you said, the shifted joystick keys are currently in
use, can you tell for what?

> The best way to use cardinal is to go in to exploration mode, you can
> look around your current point from there. Doing that is just as fast as
> any toggle key would be.

OK, you're right, that is another way. But here we come back to the
question, wether unshifted keys should be used for looking around and
shifted keys for virtual moving. I again say, the unshifted keys should
only look around and not change the virtual position.

regards,
Bert

--
Because of the bad readability in context.