[Loadstone] Suggestion for looking around in navigation mode

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Wed Oct 31 07:31:01 GMT 2007

Hi

  Would it be too tedious to switch to cardinal every time user stops for a
while and then selecting clockface again when user starts to walk again?

  Of course user does not walk and stand still simultaneously thus there is
no need to have both functionality available at once. Maybe a quick
toggle-type key to switch between absolute and relative indication or just
switching to exploration mode.

  another possibility is to select absolute heading or freeze current
heading and use  still clockface when speed  drops below certain limit.

  Holux M-1000 has a nice feature to freeze heading information when user
does not move. This helps to maintain relative headings reliable.

  In any case cardinal directions do not have any use until user knows  the
direction he/she is facing to and with gps this information is available
only when user is moving.

mr. M01510