[Loadstone] Exploration mode

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 25 14:15:10 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/10/25 at 00:34 -0700]

>The only thing I can think of that could do this would be if the map could
>be turned in relation to your current heading.

Even that, in reality, I don't think would work very well. We people have a
tendancy to view things from the perspective of our current position rather
than from our last direction of motion. If a person approaches a park bench and
then turns to sit down on it, he'd probably be wishing that exploration mode
would be relative to his seated position rather than to his approach direction.