[Loadstone] Latlong encodings (was Re: (no subject))

Shane Wegner shane at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 23 17:57:54 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 12:24:07PM +0200, Jan Lund Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi.
> I have this information about a POI :
> UTM: 33U 312641 E, 6173449 N??Datum: WGS84
> How can i convert it to Loadstone input ?

This looks like murcator projection to me but I could be
wrong.  If it is, I don't know of any way to convert it
back to standard latlong as Murcator is not an exact
representation of latlong data.  FYI, google maps uses this
as well as some other map imaging software.

A competent navigator is not the skipper who can press a button
and follow a       command, but one who uses all the tools at his
 disposal to navigate his course safely and efficiently.