[Loadstone] better accuracy by position prediction

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 23 07:58:38 BST 2007

The position data from the receiver is usually only about a second behind,
maybe less. The speed data is maybe 2 seconds behind. I don't think there's
any way around this since you need some data to calculate speed. Since the
speed and position are both being provided by the receiver I doubt you could
use speed to correct position.
At some point there will be software calculations for heading and speed but
that'll be to correct for those receivers that have proven almost useless
for pedestrian use. Those receivers seem to give accurate position data
thoe. If we had another source of data then maybe correction factors could
be applied.