[Loadstone] better accuracy by position prediction

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Tue Oct 23 07:01:09 BST 2007

Hi folks,
we all know that a gps based system takes some time to react on any changes.
When you are standing, yourr speed will be zero at optimal gps conditions.
When you suddenly start to move, the system needs several seconds to notice
this and to offer the correct data. This happens to any change. The
receiver's data is always some seconds behind the real data. Can we improve
that indolent and sluggish behaviour by doing some prediction? I am sure
that commercial software does similar things. We could do this by
calculating an acceleration factor. While one thread measures the speed and
calculates the accelleration periodically, another thread uses the result to
correct the receiver's position permanently. If speed is in an increasing
state, we know that the real position is more towards our current direction.
We can add some meters to the receiver's position.
If speed is decreasing, we can subtract something from the receiver's data.
All loadstone functions would benefit from such a correction.
What do you think about this?

Hasan