[Loadstone] Observations on Accuracy with Two Receivers

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 23 01:15:52 BST 2007

Any test you run indoors is probably invalid. This is because of multi-path
and reflection issues. We've done a controlled test with three different
receivers and the royaltek and holux receivers were quite good. The accuracy
values are just an estimate of what the receiver thinks the accuracy is. The
actual accuracy could be different. The value you got with the royaltek
seems quite high. The holux using the mtk chipset will probably have more
satellites. This means you'll probably have a signal in most conditions but
the quality of that signal may not be that good sometimes.