[Loadstone] (OT) sunrise/sunset calculator

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 22 13:13:38 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Ari Moisio on 2007/10/22 at 12:42 +0300]

>  Personally i do not prefer sunrise/sunset or moon phase calculators in
>navigator but  their azimuth  would some times be useful, especially
>related to heading to  selected waypoint.
>
>  Iirc some commercial hand-held navigator calculated this information.

The reason such a thing fits so well into loadstone is that the calculation
requires knowledge of the current latitude and longitude. That's data the GPS
receiver automatically supplies, and, therefore, something which loadstone
already knows. In addition to the user not having to enter his current
coordinates by hand, an additional advantage is that the calculation
automatically adjusts as the user travels.