[Loadstone] Suggestions for aditional functions & queery re compiling source code.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 22 05:47:52 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/10/21 at 17:07 -0700]

>Calculating the azimuth of the sun could probably be done. I have to say I
>have no idea of how to do this or how the information would be useful or
>what the resulting output of such a function should be. At least one other
>user seems to think this would be a good idea, would this be of any use to
>other users?

It'd be nice, especially when crossing a wide open space, to know what
direction the sun is in versus what direction the destination is in so that one
could cross that space while keeping the sun at the right angle on ones face.
This wouldn't be perfect, e.g. it wouldn't work on a cloudy day, but it'd be an
additional tool which one could use when appropriate.

>The only thing to do with the sun I've considered putting in is
>a sunrise/sunset calculator just for informational purposes.

That would indeed be interesting to have.