[Loadstone] Loadstone GPS V0.69 released

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 22 05:35:26 BST 2007

[quoted lines by monty at loadstone-gps.com on 2007/10/21 at 15:06 +0100]

>> - In show area result list there is no space between item name and
>> distance. I noticed this with a  point name with house number after it,
>> screen reader red  both as a distance.  This happened with Mobilespeak, i
>> know Talks cannot handle these type of situations at all.
>
>We are unable to duplicate your finding using Talks.  The English language
>strings appear to have correct spacing.  Please send us an example of a
>point (extracted from an exported text file).

The most likely cause is that the user is using the Scansoft voice with Mobile
Speak. Since Nuance doesn't allow Code Factory to use a recent Scansoft voice,
they have to live with an old one that treats the Symbian end-of-line character
as if it doesn't exist. This means that the word at the end of a line is
concatenated to the word at the start of the next line. The solution is to
switch to a different (non-Scansoft) voice.