[Loadstone] Loadstone GPS V0.69 released

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Sun Oct 21 08:47:27 BST 2007

Hi

  Thanks, looks  good:-)

Few comments. Phone is Nokia 6680 with latest fw, screen reader
Mobilespeak 3.25. GPS receiver Holux M-1000:

- Tritmeter is excellent idea.  However it has some drift, it counts more
distance even i'm standing still. It would help if there is a minimum
speed or distance to previous locate before traveled trip  is incremented.

- show area works well and it is is fast enough. It would be nice if it
  could be  selected directly from navigation mode too.

- In show area result list there is no space between item name and
distance. I noticed this with a  point name with house number after it,
screen reader red  both as a distance.  This happened with Mobilespeak, i
know Talks cannot handle these type of situations at all.

- With Mobilespeak 3.25 if i ask time with edit + 9 it announces beginning
of time, then read the cell name as i havent press the edit key at all.
Not sure if this is MS issue or LS keyboard handling issue.

- I found it is easier to manually edit keys.map file than using the web
interface. Is there any upper limit how many commands could be assigned to
one (shifted) keystroke?

- In exploration mode it would be better if  'look around' could be done
with unshifted keys and actual virtual moving with shifted keys after next
point has been  found.

- IN  exploration mode arrow keys could start shor area -type function in
given direction or   pressing select in all direction as current show
area.

- On options menu it would be nice if  assigned hot keys are listed  with
functions  if one is assigned to given function.

- I cannot figure  out how i can  set LS to  alert  points i'm
approaching. Approach distance is 15,  approcah time is set to 10 and and
auto-announce is enabled. What other  setting i have to  adjust to get an
audible alert before any point in the database? If i have to check all
points to be alerted  there should be some mass-checking function, ie
check all points in given radius or similar.

mr. M01510