[Loadstone] Loadstone GPS V0.69 released
arimo at netsonic.fi
Sun Oct 21 08:47:27 BST 2007
Thanks, looks good:-)
Few comments. Phone is Nokia 6680 with latest fw, screen reader
Mobilespeak 3.25. GPS receiver Holux M-1000:
- Tritmeter is excellent idea. However it has some drift, it counts more
distance even i'm standing still. It would help if there is a minimum
speed or distance to previous locate before traveled trip is incremented.
- show area works well and it is is fast enough. It would be nice if it
could be selected directly from navigation mode too.
- In show area result list there is no space between item name and
distance. I noticed this with a point name with house number after it,
screen reader red both as a distance. This happened with Mobilespeak, i
know Talks cannot handle these type of situations at all.
- With Mobilespeak 3.25 if i ask time with edit + 9 it announces beginning
of time, then read the cell name as i havent press the edit key at all.
Not sure if this is MS issue or LS keyboard handling issue.
- I found it is easier to manually edit keys.map file than using the web
interface. Is there any upper limit how many commands could be assigned to
one (shifted) keystroke?
- In exploration mode it would be better if 'look around' could be done
with unshifted keys and actual virtual moving with shifted keys after next
point has been found.
- IN exploration mode arrow keys could start shor area -type function in
given direction or pressing select in all direction as current show
- On options menu it would be nice if assigned hot keys are listed with
functions if one is assigned to given function.
- I cannot figure out how i can set LS to alert points i'm
approaching. Approach distance is 15, approcah time is set to 10 and and
auto-announce is enabled. What other setting i have to adjust to get an
audible alert before any point in the database? If i have to check all
points to be alerted there should be some mass-checking function, ie
check all points in given radius or similar.
You can still escape from the Gates of hell: Use Linux!
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, monty at loadstone-gps.com wrote:
> Hello All,
> Loadstone GPS version 0.69 is now released.
> Please visit the Loadstone GPS web site and navigate to the Download page.
> Many modifications and improvements have taken place in this release so
> therefore we strongly recommend you read the accompanying "Release notes".
> For those users wanting to download the version for Symbian 3rd edition,
> please be aware that an additional prompt during the download process now
> exists asking whether you would like to acquire the unsigned sis file
> (without the Symbian self-signing tools) or the unsigned sis zip archives
> that do include the Symbian self-signing tools. If in doubt, download the
> zip archive containing the tools and read the instructions.
> In addition to the "Release notes" complete documentation can be found on
> the Loadstone GPS Documentation page:
> As usual, feedback is welcomed.
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
More information about the Loadstone