[Loadstone] questions from a newby

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Oct 17 06:59:32 BST 2007

Hello Kristeen,

The first place to start is the web site:

http://www.loadstone-gps.com

Familiarising yourself with the web site will answer your download
questions plus will point you in the direction of the Loadstone
documentation which will instruct you on usage, installation Etc.

Finally, this mailing list  is here to fill in the gaps.

Best regards,
   Monty

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Kristeen Hughes wrote:

> Hello,
> I am wanting to start using Loadstone and have a couple of questions.
> What is the proper version to use with a Nokia 6620 phone and could someone send me a link?
> How do I get map data  for my city?
>
> Thanks
> Kristeen
>
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 03:34:32 +0200,
> =?iso-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw_Rogalski?= wrote:
>

>> OK, thanks for an explanation.
>> But if during searching process i press Talks + Joystick, nothing is
>> spoken and I'm not sure if the software is still working or hang up.
>> That's why I wrote about a message "Searching ... F2 Cancel" or sth.
>> Why is the track recording so problematic?
>> Maybe, to begin with, it would be possible to implement a function of
>> saving GPS position as a point, every defined value (eg. every 50m) or
>> when the direction has been changed?
>> The name of the point could be eg. GPS date and time and you could start
>> and stop this recording similarly to Start/Stop Logging/ Trip Meter.
>> That's only my preliminary idea...

>>> from exit to cancel during this process. The search results are kind of