[Loadstone] Costs and Wayfinder

Cory Martin cory_martin at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 15 20:25:09 BST 2007

	That is correct, the application must establish a GPRS connection
every time it is opened, if GPRS isn't available then it just doesn't work.
I use both LoadStone and WayFinder and typically find that I use
approximately 1 meg per month with WayFinder, maybe a bit more, and that's
using it to go to and from work plus whatever other trips I use it for.  One
thing I will say for LoadStone though is that not only does it not use GPRS
to work but it's also much more keyboard friendly and it's interface I
believe is much more intuitive.  Not that WayFinder isn't easy to use but
WayFinder is far more menu-driven and does sometimes lag when you switch
from one view mode to another, probably as it establishes a GPRS Connection
to check for points of interest in the area ETC.  You can set the map cache
to a larger limit so that you save on map downloading but it still needs to
check for POIs and this unfortunately is not cached as far as I know because
every time I go to that screen it establishes a GPRS connection.
So go LoadStone team!  It may not have maps but maps certainly aren't
everything and LoadStone does a really nice job.
	HTH
	Cory