[Loadstone] FW: GPS clock stops

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Oct 13 01:11:54 BST 2007

I would have to agree with this point. When I tried mini gps quite a while
back it caused all kinds of trouble. Even when it wasn't running the
components it installed seemed to cause the entire phone to slow down. Maybe
they've fixed this to some degree by now.
At the very least I'd recommend not running mini gps and loadstone together.
One program or the other may have trouble reporting cell site information
correctly or other problems may occure. Even with loadstone's cell monitor
off it'll still query cell information every 5 seconds or so. This so that
functions like cell display and cell labeling will still work. A lot of
these problems are caused by the api used to get the cell information, it's
a bit touchy on how it's used. This problem is especially bad on the third
edition phones.