[Loadstone] GPS clock stops

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Oct 13 00:50:39 BST 2007

You get the clock stops ticking message when no data has been received from
the receiver for a while. In the upcoming version the behaviour has been
changed to a warning rather than shutting down the connection.
There are different priorities for threads in the program but they don't
really do much. The opperating system on the phone isn't a true multitasking
system, it has a scheduler that just runs a list of tasks. This means that
if something takes a long time then it stops other tasks from running.
Unfortunately database access is one of the things that can take a long
time.