[Loadstone] Clock-face cardinal discrepancy in exploration mode

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:32:31 BST 2007

I'm getting a thought on this after reading this.  Since 360 is divisible by
8 there would be 45 degrees per position.  If up arrow is 0 degrees, the 45
degree sweep would go from 337.5 to 22.5 degrees.  The northeast pointer
would be from 22.5 degrees to 67.5 and the right arrow would be 67.5 to
112.5 until coming right back around to the up arrow.  But in clock terms
would this be 12 o'clock for the up arrow, 1:30 for the northeast point and
3 o'clock for the right arrow and so on?

This is logically confusing, so the average user might find this a bit
daunting.