[Loadstone] Clock-face cardinal discrepancy in exploration mode

Sandberg, Robert robert.sandberg at sap.com
Fri Oct 12 16:15:49 BST 2007

Hi David!
I agree, an intervaled Heading announcement would be  a brilliant
feature to have. I'm not using Loadstone for steering, because as you
say, it's too complicated what with all the other things going on. When
steering, I use an Autohelm acoustic compass where you can enter a
heading and it indicates deviation to port and starboard.
Loadstone is good for planning a route though. If you're sailing a lot
in a particular area, you can enter the main buoys such as harbour
approach and shallow water. Then, if you want to go from A to B, you can
determine the heading you need to steer, using the exploration mode.
You can also check relevant buoys between A and B and have loadstone
announce them on approach. You need to set quite a long approach
distance of course. Then, on approaching, you can adjust your heading
depending on whether you want to leave the buoy at Port or Starboard.
It's such fun!
Cheers,
Robbie Sandberg