[Loadstone] Clock-face cardinal discrepancy in exploration mode

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Oct 11 11:59:08 BST 2007

The clock face option can be used in exploration mode but it's probably
better if it isn't. It's a pretty bad match since there's 12 positions on
the clock face but only 8 keys for moving. The next point being at 12
o'clock is right according to the program's logic but doesn't make much
sence. It's basically telling you the next point in the direction of
movement and according to clock face that's straight ahead or 12 o'clock.
I'm not sure what a good fix for this would be. Maybe just removing the
clock face setting from the exploration mode directions?