[Loadstone] Elusive point in Exploration Mode

Sandberg, Robert robert.sandberg at sap.com
Thu Oct 11 10:48:08 BST 2007

Hi again!
Here's food for thought. I found that pressing keys in opposite
directions does not necessarily switch back and forth between the same
points. Say you're on point A and press 4 to go to point B which is at
260 degrees. That means point A is now at 100 degrees. However, if there
is a point closer to 90 degrees, pressing 6 will bring you there in
stead of back to point A.
I realise that with each direction key covering an angle of 45 degrees,
Loadstone will always indicate the point closest to the cardinal
direction represented by that key. But this can lead to points not being
indicated at all. I tried to locate a point which I knew I had entered,
but was unable to get to, because every point around it had adjacent
points closer to the respective cardinal direction than the point I was
looking for. I then located it via the search function, but once I left
it in any direction, I was unable to go back to it. Would it be possible
to add a feature which simply lists all points within a given radius?
Better still, a list including each point's distance and direction from
the current position.

Cheers,
Robbie Sandberg