[Loadstone] Exporting

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 9 07:57:36 BST 2007

As far as I know the cable is only useful for connection to pc suite. That
option doesn't come up in the send menus of applications on the phone. That
would be very nice if it did thoe. The usual way of sending things from the
phone is via bluetooth. If you don't have a bluetooth adapter for your pc
then your best bet would be to move the file you want to a place where pc
suite can see it and then transfer it that way. Then you'd have to do the
reverse when transfering the file from the pc back to the phone. As for the
file type, it's a text file, who knows what windows will think it is. If it
causes trouble just use a .txt extension. Loadstone doesn't care what you
call the file or what the extension is. When editing on the pc use an editor
that handles utf8 propperly. I think notepad can do this but you have to
tell it not to add the extra characters to the top of the file like it'll do
by default. Maybe someone that uses windows can say what that setting is?