[Loadstone] Routes and trips.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 9 05:15:32 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/10/08 at 20:49 -0700]

>I think there'll have to be some smart logic to figure out the starting
>point and direction when a route is activated with the ability for the user
>to override the automatic choice.

Yes. You could always start with something basic like either closest point or
nearest point in direction of first significant motion.

>Figuring out what direction along the route to go might be a bit tricky.

Yes, as jitter caused by things like GPS drift and choosing to walk on the
other side of a sidewalk would need to be factored out.

>The automatic point adding probably won't be too hard. These would probably
>have to be stored as checkpoints only rather than in the main database until
>they're renamed to something more useful.

That'd also help make the "explore" function easier to implement.

>The ability to check a point when it's added is on the todo list. The only
>thing difficult about this is the symbian user interface programming rather
>than the loadstone code itself. I'd just like to have another field in the
>point entry form that's a checkbox of some kind to enable the point as a
>checkpoint.

Yes, else the functions would multiply since you'd need an alternate version
for every saving function.