[Loadstone] Routes and trips.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 9 04:49:54 BST 2007

This is kind of what I was thinking of as well. The checkpoint list will
probably have to work the same way the new search result list works with a
few checkpoint related options. We'll have to wait for feedback on the
search list in the next release to see if this'll work well. Once the list
is implemented then the basics like point moving and goto shouldn't be too
hard.
I think there'll have to be some smart logic to figure out the starting
point and direction when a route is activated with the ability for the user
to override the automatic choice. Figuring out what direction along the
route to go might be a bit tricky.
The automatic point adding probably won't be too hard. These would probably
have to be stored as checkpoints only rather than in the main database until
they're renamed to something more useful.
The ability to check a point when it's added is on the todo list. The only
thing difficult about this is the symbian user interface programming rather
than the loadstone code itself. I'd just like to have another field in the
point entry form that's a checkbox of some kind to enable the point as a
checkpoint.