[Loadstone] loadstone 0.68.19

Przemysław Rogalski Rogalski at o2.pl
Sun Oct 7 15:13:45 BST 2007

Hello,
i like your innovative improvements, esp. the trip meter, but I have some suggestions for improvement:
1. The searching process could be made similar to the one of Wayfinder Access or Noia Maps. I imagine it in the following way:
- You go to Exploration mode and select "Find Point" option from the Functions menu.
- You enter the search string and press OK.
- Loadstone displays a message: "Searching..."
and you have a possibility to abort searching with  F2 Key. Hence, you get: "Searching... F2: Abort".
When the results are found, Loadstone shows:
"Search results:"
and they are provided in a form of a list
read by Talks as eg. "Hospital, 1 of 5).
If you move to the desired result using joystick and press F1 Key, you have the following options:
- Mark/Unmark (Hot Key = * )
- Delete (Hot Key = delete Key )
- Uptate (Hot Key = # )
- Previous results (if applicable)
- Next results (if applicable).
Moreover, it would be nice to have in Settings, Tab General Settings, Search Results
the following parameters:
"All" (means that all the search results are shown, regardless on their number) and "user-defined' (as it is now, eg. 10 by default).
I also suggest moving "Trip meter" just to the menu Functions, as the next option after "Enter point". The submenu "Trip meter" would pull down into "Start Trip Meter", "Stop Trip Meter",... etc.

Oh, Could you add to "Save from Commencement", and "Save using current" an option that allows to add Entry and check it as a checkpoint at the same time? It would simplify the process of recording tracks. By the way, how is the function of auto-saving routes (or however you call it)? In Translation Form I have seen some messages related to that, but they disappeared.
Coming back to Hot Keys:
Shift+6 could read Decimal Longitude and Latitude, while Shift+5 - the previous checkpoint.

That's all for now!
Despite all the remarks, I appreciate Loadstone as the best Symbian-baed navigation software for the blind. I've just discover how to make a donation from my Polish bank account, so I'm going to do it in the nearest feature, because you really make a good job!
Regards!
Przemysław