[Loadstone] S60 v3 without sertificates

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Oct 3 01:28:52 BST 2007

You can use the cell autolabeling feature as a way to kind of collect gsm
cell locations. This isn't very accurate thoe. It seems like getting
accurate cell location data is quite difficult but it would be nice to have.
At the moment there's only two features that need signing but I doubt it'll
stay that way. I don't think it's a good idea to let an outside entity
control what features we can and can't put in to loadstone. The current
signing system is a bit of a pain but it only needs to be done at
installation time. Once the program is installed it'll keep working
regardless of its cert. From the Symbian forums it looks like they're maybe
going to have the new signing system in place around the end of November.
This isn't for sure thoe but if this is the case then this problem goes away
as long as we can get funding to do the signing.